Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blizzard 2010

We have been hit hard by another snow storm on a Saturday! This was the worst yet... accumulating up to 30" in some areas! We enjoyed the day snuggled inside our warm little house. Christopher joined Ryan outside twice in the snow. The drifts were twice as high as him! Lilly and I spent the afternoon napping. It was a day filled with giggles, games, buttermilk pancakes, popcorn and hot cocoa. It was a perfect Winter day, and that's saying a lot considering I have only been out twice in 2 1/2 weeks (last time was last Saturday!). I just love spending time with just the four of us. I feel so blessed.

Sunday we did more of the same. In the afternoon we went to friends' house to sled down their giant hill in their backyard. Ryan took Christopher down once. Christopher then said "all done, Daddy". I think he was a bit scared. I stayed inside nursing sweet Lilly. It was a real treat getting out of the house for a few hours. It was also adventurous, as our friends live down a long driveway and it wasn't dug out yet! I am sure we were a sight walking through knee deep snow with a toddler, a newborn and diaper bags in tow!
How Lilly spends 23 out of 24 hours.

I love this picture. I did a photo shoot for Lilly's birth announcements and unfortunately I can't use this one for the template I liked- it needs to be portrait view. Oh well, I chose another equally adorable picture.

And this was only half way through the storm!

Hat head Christopher waiting patiently for his hot chocolate.




3 comments:

  1. LOVE that picture of Lilly! What a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her sweet face! I just want to squinch her little cheeks!

    Has Christopher been loving the snow? Sophie can not get enough of it. It's awfully cute, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, she's so pretty! She looks like Christopher, but doesn't... Glad you had fun in the snow. I, unlike you, am not positive about it at all. I HATE THE SNOW! and all it does is make me ANGRY when I have to drive around in it. I will take a hint from you and try to me more positive about it this time around! LOL

    ReplyDelete